Sunday, February 21, 2016

NASB/ESV/HCSB corrupt Psalms 101:3

Should we not set wicked things before our eyes or worthless things?

King James Bible
Psalms 101:3 I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me.

New American Standard
Psalms 101:3 I will set no worthless thing before my eyes; I hate the work of those who fall away; It shall not fasten its grip on me.

English Standard Version
Psalms 101:3 I will not set before my eyes anything that is worthless. I hate the work of those who fall away; it shall not cling to me.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
Psalms 101:3 I will not set anything worthless before my eyes. I hate the practice of transgression;
it will not cling to me.

What a corruption! Even the NIV did better ("vile").   

--Eli Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.