Friday, September 4, 2015

Modern versions corrupt 1 Corinthians 3:10

The King James Bible says that Paul laid THE foundation (which is defined as Jesus Christ--verse 11). However, the modern perversions change the verse to say that Paul laid 'A' foundation (implying that there are other foundations)! 

King James Bible
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which is given unto me, as a wise masterbuilder, I have laid the foundation, and another buildeth thereon. But let every man take heed how he buildeth thereupon.

New American Standard Bible
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God which was given to me, like a wise master builder I laid a foundation, and another is building on it. But each man must be careful how he builds on it.

New International Version
1 Corinthians 3:10  By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder, and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.

English Standard Version
1 Corinthians 3:10 According to the grace of God given to me, like a skilled master builder I laid a foundation, and someone else is building upon it. Let each one take care how he builds upon it.

I will also point out that modern version proponents criticize the King James Bible for calling the Holy Spirit an "it" in Romans 8:16 and 8:26, yet the modern version refer to Jesus Christ as an "it" in 1 Corinthians 3:10....what hypocrisy!

--Eli Caldwell

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.