Thursday, September 3, 2015

James White's attack on John 14:14

James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries (author of The King James Controversy) claims that the King James Bible has slighted the Deity of Christ in John 14:14..... 

KJB
John 14:14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

He says that NASB gives the Deity of Christ....
John 14:14 If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it

James White says that the King James Bible should read "if ye shall ME" rather than "if ye shall ask". 

Why does the KJB not say that we ask Christ anything like the NASB? It is because Biblical prayer is TO THE FATHER, through the Holy Spirit, in the name of Jesus Christ.

Ephesians 2:18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

John 14:6 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Colossians 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Luke 11:2 And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.

Matthew 26:39 And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.

Matthew 26:42 He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done.

Matthew 26:53 Thinkest thou that I cannot now pray to my Father, and he shall presently give me more than twelve legions of angels?

Matthew 6:6 But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

Matthew 6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name.

John 17:1 These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Romans 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

Galatians 4:6 And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Ephesians 1:16-17 Cease not to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers; That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:


Ephesians 3:14-16 For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;

Ephesians 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Colossians 1:3 We give thanks to God and the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, praying always for you,

Colossians 1:12 Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:

Colossians 3:17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

James 1:17 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

1 Peter 1:17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

The problem is not with the Bible, it is with James White's knowledge of prayer.

--Eli Caldwell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.