Friday, September 26, 2014

Message sent to Doug Kutilek

Here is a message I sent to Doug Kutilek in reply to his ESV review that he sent me. (I also sent him my ESV review)
 
"Mr. Kutilek, what did you mean when you stated that the ESV translators were "inerrantists"? What do they believe is inerrant? Is that referring to preservation or inspiration?

I was wondering if you could tell me where the inerrant scripture is right now, perhaps you could name one book (or the manuscripts that collectively make up) what you believe is the infallible word of God (whether it is in English, Greek, Hebrew, etc.). --Hoss"
 
His reply
 
"Mr. Cartwright--
 
Your objections to the ESV are based on defective knowledge of the Greek language, defective knowledge of the English language, defective knowledge of NT manuscript evidence, misinterpretation of multiple Bible verses and flawed presuppositions.  I have answered in print many of these objections.  I attach some of my documented research papers (I have many others).
 
You have allowed yourself to be greatly deceived."
 
Notice that he didn't answer ANY of my questions. Doug Kutilek has no final authority other than himself. He said that 100 "scholars" were the ones who made the ESV.....Mr. Kutilek then said that he had found 100 passages in the ESV that needed to be changed/corrected. So why doesn't Mr. Kutilek MAKE those changes and then hand us a PERFECT Bible??? If HE knows where the errors are than it is his obligation as a Christian to fix the Bible for us.....is it not? 
 
Mr. Kutilek says that I am "deceived". What is the cure for deception? Look at what Paul said....
 
2 Timothy 3:
[13] But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
[14] But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;
[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works
.

If I were to accept what Kutilek told me, than I would not have a final authority or Bible. I would have DOUG KUTILEK. Meanwhile I will stick to the things that I have learned and been assured of.....the HOLY scriptures given by inspiration of God.

--Eli "Hoss" Caldwell
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.