Thursday, October 1, 2015

Baptist false gospel: Surrender your life to Christ?

Chick Publications "gospel" tract "This was your life":
LOST MAN: "Of course I believe the Bible and I am convinced that I am lost and going to hell--but what must I do to be saved."
'SAVED' MAN: "Repent! Surrender your life to Christ. Acknowledge that He died for your sins and receive Him as Savior!"

Bob Nappier of Local Church Publishers and Parker Memorial Baptist Church
"Call on the Lord now: So you may know for sure that you are going to Heaven, be truthful and make this prayer your prayer to God:
Dear Jesus, please have mercy upon me, a sinner. Please forgive me of all my sins. I believe You died on the cross for me, and I believe that it’s your blood that washes my sins away. I believe You were buried and that God raised You on the third day. Now will you please come in my heart and save my soul? Thank You for saving me Jesus.

Now, promise Him that with His help you will be true to Him the rest of your days."

We have all heard preachers say that to be saved we must "surrender our life to Christ". As we can see from Chick Publications and Local Church Publishers, this false gospel of works is a popular idea among Baptists.

What does the Bible say about surrendering our life to Christ? Absolutely nothing.

What the Bible does say is that when we put our faith in Christ and His finished work, we will be saved. At that moment, CHRIST BECOMES OUR LIFE, WE BECOME JOINED TO HIM CRUCIFIED/BURIED/RISEN/SEATED WITH HIM. He does not want our life, we need His.

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Colossians 2:
[10] And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
[11] In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
[12] Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead
.

Colossians 3:4 When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

1 Corinthians 6:
[15] Know ye not that your bodies are the members of Christ? shall I then take the members of Christ, and make them the members of an harlot? God forbid.
[16] What? know ye not that he which is joined to an harlot is one body? for two, saith he, shall be one flesh.
[17] But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit
.
Ephesians 2:
[5] Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;)
[6] And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus
:

How could a lost man surrender his life to Christ? Why should a lost man promise God that he will be faithful to Him the rest of his life? Those things are impossible to do. Besides that, those are WORKS. We are not saved by doing good works (Eph. 2:8-9, Titus 3:4-7, 2 Tim. 1:9, Rom. 3:27, 4:4-5).

Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

--Eli Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.