Are you 100% sure that if you died today you would go to Heaven?
1. THE BIBLE DECLARES ALL HAVE SINNED
- “For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;” Romans 3:23
- “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” Jeremiah 17:9
- “All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.” Isaiah 53:6
2. THE BIBLE DECLARES SIN’S PENALTY
- “For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” Romans 6:23
- “And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.” Revelation 20:14
3. THE BIBLE DECLARES SIN’S PENALTY WAS PAID
- “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
- “For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:” 1 Peter 3:18
4. THE BIBLE DECLARES WE MUST REPENT
- “For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.” 2 Corinthians 7:10
- “Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.” Isaiah 55:7
- If we are truly sorry for our sins and willing to turn from them, we can be saved.
5. THE BIBLE DECLARES WE MUST RECEIVE CHRIST
- “But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:” John 1:12
- We need to exercise our faith by receiving Jesus as our Lord and Saviour. Faith and repentance are both necessary for salvation.
6. THE BIBLE DECLARES YOU CAN BE SAVED TODAY, IF YOU WANT TO BE
- “That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.” Romans 10:9
- “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.” Romans 10:13
- God loves you and wants you to experience peace and eternity in heaven with Him.
WHAT YOU MUST DO:
- Admit your need (I am a sinner).
- Be willing to turn from your sin (repent).
- Believe that Jesus Christ died for you on the cross.
- Invite Jesus to come in and control your heart and life (receive Him as Saviour and Lord).
SUGGESTED PRAYER:“Dear Heavenly Father, I know I am a sinner and need your forgiveness. I believe that Jesus died for my sin. I am willing to turn from sin. I now ask Jesus Christ to come into my heart and life as my personal Saviour. I am willing, by God’s grace, to follow and obey Christ as the Lord of my heart and life."
[I have already addressed the "sinner's prayer" above.]