Wednesday, March 23, 2016

God heareth not sinners

John 2:24-25 But Jesus did not commit himself unto them, because he knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man.

John 9:31 Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.

Romans 3:19 Now we know that what things soever the law saith, it saith to them who are under the law: that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

1 Peter 3:12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Proverbs 1:28-30 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me: For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD: They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof.

Proverbs 15:29 The LORD is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous

Proverbs 28:9 He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination.

Isaiah 1:15 And when ye spread forth your hands, I will hide mine eyes from you: yea, when ye make many prayers, I will not hear: your hands are full of blood.


Isaiah 59:
[1] Behold, the LORD's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
[2] But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear.
[3] For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue hath muttered perverseness.
[4] None calleth for justice, nor any pleadeth for truth: they trust in vanity, and speak lies; they conceive mischief, and bring forth iniquity
.


Psalms 34:
[15] The eyes of the LORD are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
[16] The face of the LORD is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
[17] The righteous cry, and the LORD heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles
.


Matthew 7:
[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
[22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
[23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity


Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me.



Which is why saying the "sinner's prayer" won't save you, only faith in the gospel of the grace of God (Rom. 3:20-27, 5:1, Eph. 1:13, 1 Cor. 15:1-4). Prayer is a work that man offers God (Col. 4:12, Heb. 5:7) that CANNOT save (Titus 3:4-7, 2 Tim. 1:9, Eph. 2:9). 

Only receiving Christ by believing on Him is the only way to be saved (John 1:12, Acts 13:38-39, 16:30-31). I trusted in my "sinner's prayer" for the first 13 years of my life before I understood that salvation was by grace through faith in Christ's shed blood rather than by prayer. Sadly most Baptists are still trusting the prayer! See what Baptist evangelist George Gray told me
http://av1611studyblog.blogspot.com/2016/03/baptist-evangelist-says-faith-is-not.html

--Eli Caldwell


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.