Wednesday, August 5, 2015

See TfT! NEWS Issue 43 page 5

John Davis of "Time for Truth" just sent me this in an email and requested that I post it to my blog. He says it will also appear in the next issue of his news paper:

"See TfT! NEWS Issue 43 page 5...

Plagiarize or Plagiarise / Plagiarism verb - take (the work or an idea of someone else) and pass it off as one's own. (ORIGIN - C18 (earlier (C17) as plagiarism): from Latin plagiarius 'kidnapper'.)  EVERY preacher does it!  Often times I have taken Ruckman’s, Larkin’s, Knox’s, Scofield’s etc. (too many to mention!) material & used it!  These are brilliant men, great Bible teachers & God has revealed to them insight it seems He hasn’t revealed to others!  I often give credit to where I’ve found the stuff but I also FORGET (oftentimes) to give credit where it is due!  I am interested in TRUTH & no matter where it comes from I want it, take it, preach it & try to LIVE it!  There are too many preachers that think too highly of themselves & seek a ‘reputation’ – the men quoted above are NOT like that, they are Bible believers who serve God by studying His word – most men I KNOW don’t do that, everything BUT!!!  At the end of the day, the Lord Jesus Christ is TRUTH (John 14v6) & all TRUTH comes from Him alone!  Let us continue to preach, teach & live THE TRUTH no matter how we got it & give credit, bless & encourage those to whom we received it from!  I love to sit under great Bible studies & great Bible teachers; I don’t know many in England I’ll be honest, but if you find one, stay with him & learn all you can!  As one preacher once said… ‘Learn all you can & CAN all you learn!’  Keep those ‘cross-reference-note-taking-

wide-margin-AV-Bibles-going’ – don’t stop!  A HUGE THANK YOU to those Bible teachers who are constantly reading, seeking & studying the Scriptures, the word of God – you have all been such a GREAT help, blessing & encouragement to me!  The Lord has led me to some ‘great’ men!" 
 
My only question is.....how did he quote, verbatim, 8 paragraphs of a commentary and "forget" to give credit? 
 
At least he thanked the world for letting him plagiarize their stuff :) 

You gotta love John Davis, he is a funny guy.
 
Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. (2 Tim. 2:15)

--Eli Caldwell



No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.