Tuesday, November 18, 2014

"Archaic" word in the KJV: Besom.

Isaiah 14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts.

Often times that word "besom" is referred to as an "archaic" "out of date" word in the King James Bible that needs to be updated. HOWEVER, just a simple look at the context of the word will define it for us.

"....I will sweep with the besom"....What do we sweep with? A BROOM. So that is what a besom is. The perversions (NASB, ESV, NKJV, MEV, NIV, etc.) have "updated" the word for us with the word "broom".

But why is it always the King James Bible that people criticize for using the word "besom"? How come they never criticize the American Standard Version (ASV) ???

"I will also make it a possession for the porcupine, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith Jehovah of hosts." (ASV)

And surprisingly, the "21st Century King James Version" (KJ21) that is supposedly an "updated" King James Bible 1611 ALSO SAYS "BESOM".

"I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water; and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction,” saith the Lord of hosts. " (KJ21)

And what about the Contemporary English Version and New Life Version? They OMITTED any reference to a besom or broom! How come nobody ever mentions that?

"The Lord will sweep out the people, and the land will become a swamp for wild animals." (CEV)

"I will turn it into a place for hedgehogs, full of pools of water. And I will go over it and destroy it,” says the Lord of All." (NLV)

Most of all....HOW COME NOBODY IS CRITICIZING "THE MESSAGE" IN ISAIAH 14:23????

"“I will confront them”—Decree of God-of-the-Angel-Armies—“and strip Babylon of name and survivors, children and grandchildren.” God’s Decree. “I’ll make it a worthless swamp and give it as a prize to the hedgehog. And then I’ll bulldoze it out of existence.” Decree of God-of-the-Angel-Armies. "

A bulldozer, really?

For some reason people just love to attack the King James Bible (2 Cor. 2:17).

--Eli "Hoss" Caldwell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your questions or comments welcome.