Tuesday, July 26, 2016

"Dangerous Gospel Cliches" preached by Pastor David O'Steen


 
Published on Jul 26, 2016
Pastor David O'Steen, Hope Bible Church, 7/24/16

Excellent sermon preached by Pastor O'Steen on the dangerous gospel cliches that are out there.  (sinner's prayer, turn from sin, etc.) Many people claim to believe in justification by faith without works, but then when you point out that justification by faith excludes the sinner's prayer, they get very angry. Sad!
 
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel: Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed. For do I now persuade men, or God? or do I seek to please men? for if I yet pleased men, I should not be the servant of Christ. But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man. For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation of Jesus Christ." (Gal. 1:6-12)

--Eli "Hoss" Caldwell

1 comment:

  1. discernment between the truth and a lie? The Lord Jesus said that we will get lost if we are not familiar with Scripture (the Bible) and the power of God (the Holy Spirit). The Lord Jesus said that we are to believe in Him in accordance with the Bible. This means that we can only learn to make a distinction and discernment between the truth and a lie when we agree to walk in the Holy Spirit and believe in the Lord Jesus in accordance with the Bible.

    More info: http://www.kotipetripaavola.com/discerningthetruthfromlies.html

    ReplyDelete

Your questions or comments welcome.