Tuesday, June 21, 2016

More lies from John Davis of "Time for Truth" UK

Here is a quote from John Davis (Time For Truth! UK):

"Punk-Eli thinks ONLY his little 'grace-church-CULT' will go to Heaven!  According to him, people like Peter Ruckman, John Wesley, Larkin, Luther, Billy Sunday plus a BILLION others, are NOT saved because they ASKED Jesus Christ to SAVE THEM from their sins!  They called upon the Lord for salvation, but He will NOT save them because they 'called' upon him, & that is a 'work' according to this jackass CULT!)"
http://www.timefortruth.co.uk/errors-of-hyperdispensationalism/

Check out his "ERRORS of Hyperdispensationalism" page for more of what he believes about dispensationalism. 

John Davis "Time for Truth" Lie #1: Do I think that only 'my little grace church will go to Heaven'? Of course not. I do not have a church in my possession. I go to Hope Bible Church in Locust Grove, GA, but it is not mine. 

Why would I think that only the so called "grace movement" goes to Heaven? John Davis knows I don't believe that, he is purposefully lying because he is apparently mad at me for some reason. I have never met John Davis, so it is very strange that he even cares what I believe. I am not a teacher, preacher, missionary, evangelist, or any kind of authority on anything. I am not a religious leader or teacher of any kind. I am just a random guy in America (a whole continent away from John Davis), nothing I believe about the Bible affects John Davis at all. So it is my guess that John Davis is a creep of some kind that spends all his time on the Internet looking for people to talk about in his fake "newsletter". I say fake newsletter because it has hardly any news in it. He has spent many pages of it complaining about what I believe for the past 4-5 issues. I am not news and I have nothing to do with John Davis's ministry. I am not relevant to him or his ministry at all. So how does he end up complaining about me so much in his ministry "newsletter"? Apparently he has no real news. He is just an internet troll looking for something to do. It isn't even a ministry.  If you read John Davis's newsletters, it sounds like he has a personal reason for disliking me. He is a very unstable guy. He allows a complete nobody like myself, who lives all the way on the other side of the Atlantic Ocean, to get on his nerves. He attacks me with such zeal, you would think I had ran over his puppy or something. 

John Davis emphasizes "grace-church-cult". But he has never came out and directly said what makes the church I attend a "cult" (Hope Bible Church). He seems to like Dr. Ruckman's ministry in Pensacola. The church I attend supports missionaries from Dr. Ruckman's school and members of the Bible Baptist Church have visited Hope Bible Church when they were traveling through. 

Hope Bible Church has a statement of faith, John Davis should highlight the parts of it that make it a "cult":
http://hopebiblechurchga.com/menu/id/142/Doctrine 

If John Davis is going to refer to Hope Bible Church as a "cult", then he should plainly state what kind of church I should go to. 

Note: John Davis referred to Hope Bible Church as a "grace church" many months ago, back when it was still Landmark Baptist Church. So his information is often wrong. He doesn't think things through before he says them. 

John Davis's biggest lie is that I supposedly believe that "only" the "grace-church-cult" I attend is going to Heaven. John Davis knows that I don't believe this. He knows that I believe anyone who has believed the gospel trusting Christ as their Saviour is saved (Eph. 1:7, 1:13, 2:8-9), and is already in Heaven (Eph. 2:6). I got saved in a Baptist church listening to Dr. Peter Ruckman preach the gospel. I recommend all of Dr. Ruckman's books and sermons, who was a BAPTIST. I recommend Herb Evans' website, who is a STAUNCH, HISTORICAL BAPTIST. I recommend many Baptists and believe they are saved people. Go to my recommended sites list some time, there are many Baptists on it. I even listen to Steven Anderson, someone that John Davis cannot stand. 

What is funny is that John Davis is nondenominational and so am I. That puts us under the same "umbrella". 

John Davis has complained in many newsletters in regard to me  believing that prayer is a work. He brings this up a lot. However, it is interesting that he never says WHY I believe this. I don't believe that prayer is a work just for the fun of believing it. I believe that prayer is a work that man offers God because that is what the Bible says.

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

Hebrews 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

When John Davis attacks me for believing that prayer is a labor that man offers God, he isn't really attacking me. He is attacking the word of God.

John Davis "Time for Truth" Lie #2: John Davis says that I believe that "Peter Ruckman, John Wesley, Larkin, Luther, and Billy Sunday" aren't saved. I did find this slightly insulting since I have purposefully never proclaimed who I believed was saved and who wasn't. All I say is that anyone who has believed the gospel trusting Christ as their Saviour (not their works) is saved. That is all I need to say, "The Lord knoweth them that are his" (2 Tim. 2:19). I can't judge another person's heart, only God can. I don't know who has believed the gospel and who hasn't. For all I know, Pope Francis could be saved. Adolf Hitler could have been saved. I don't know. All I know is that I believed the gospel, I don't know anyone's heart. 

That is part of the appeal of the "sinner's prayer" false gospel. When salvation is conditioned on repeating a prayer, you can hear them pray it and you can say, "I know they are saved because they prayed the sinner's prayer. I heard it with my own ears. I saw them praying at the altar". I think that is why a lot of parents tell their children to repeat the "sinner's prayer" when they are trying to get them to get saved. When they hear their child pray the prayer, in their minds they have an assurance that their child got saved. They know their child got saved because they heard them pray the prayer. 

But real salvation, conditioned only upon faith in the gospel of Christ (1 Cor. 2:2, Rom. 1:16-17), cannot be seen or heard. You cannot see someone's heart, you cannot see their faith. Only God knows when someone has trusted Him alone for salvation. As Peter said, "ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us, that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel, and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us; And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith" (Acts 15:7-9).   

The Bible says that Jesus "knew all men, And needed not that any should testify of man: for he knew what was in man." (John 2:24-25). 

But we're human. We like to physically see results. That is the appeal to the sinner's prayer. When you tell someone to repeat the prayer, it makes you feel like you know they got saved because you saw and heard them pray it. But that is a bad idea. A man's confession means absolutely nothing. It is what is in the heart that matters. The Lord said, "This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me." (Matt. 15:8)

Which is why God wants every mouth to be stopped and become guilty before Him (Rom. 3:19). God doesn't want to hear a lost person's excuses. I have heard some "sinner's prayers" that just sounded like excuses. I have seen many very similar to this: 

"Lord, I know I'm a sinner. I know I have sinned against you. I want to do better and serve you. Please forgive me of my sins and I'll try to live for you." 

What is that? Excuses. That sinner's prayer uses the words "I" and "me" eight times. Salvation is about receiving CHRIST, believing on HIM. A lot of sinner's prayers are about man and his works. At the end of the sinner's prayer on the Parker Memorial Baptist Church (Local Church Bible Publishers) they say this: "Now, promise Him that with His help you will be true to Him the rest of your days." That is works. They want you to come to God offering Him your works. It is a very foolish thing. Nobody could keep that promise to God. 

I don't say who is saved and who is not. That's not our job. Our job is to be ambassadors for Christ, giving people the gospel. If they say they believe it, great. But you should never talk someone into praying a sinner's prayer. That is silly. If they don't believe the gospel, you shouldn't talk someone into repeating some words after you. You should give them the word of God and let it work on their heart. You cannot talk someone into getting saved. That is a decision they will make between them and God. You can talk them into repeating a prayer, but that isn't salvation. 

John Davis falsely accused me of believing that Dr. Ruckman wasn't saved. That is not true at all. John Davis knows that I recommend Dr. Ruckman's material and that I got saved while hearing him preach the gospel. Dr. Ruckman said in his Romans commentary that you did not have to pray to be saved. Check it out. 

But John Davis contradicts Dr. Ruckman on this matter. John Davis says that if you haven't prayed the sinner's prayer then you're not saved. He says that you "need" to pray the sinner's prayer. He also says that you must confess your sins to be saved (Dr. Ruckman said "Confession of sins isn't salvation....Confessing your sins won't save you....Confessing your sins has nothing to do with it." page 401-402 of the Bible Believer's Commentary on Romans).  


"If you haven't asked JESUS CHRIST to forgive your sin & come & save you, you're NOT saved; for HE ALONE is the ONLY ONE who can save you! (John Davis, TFT News Issue 28) http://www.timefortruth.co.uk/tft-newsletters/

"These HERETICS tell you that by praying the sinner’s prayer you won’t get saved!
TfT News issue 77 http://www.timefortruth.co.uk/content/pages/documents/1454797861.pdf 


"You will NEVER know the true meaning or purpose to life unless YOU confess your sins to the Lord Jesus Christ and receive Him as your Saviour. Don’t take my word for it, pray to the Lord Jesus Christ asking Him to forgive you and help you through your LIFE, you really need Him."
Does Anyone Really Care? http://www.timefortruth.co.uk/content/pages/documents/1327949167.pdf


"So what are you waiting for? Get saved TODAY! Ask the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive you of all your sins RIGHT NOW & come & save you. You need to do this from your heart NOT from your head - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. (Romans 10v9)
--John Davis http://www.timefortruth.co.uk/the-gospel/
 


On page 406 of his Romans commentary Dr. Ruckman said, "There is nothing in the scriptures that says you have to pray to be saved." John Davis disagrees.

Dr. Ruckman also said in a letter to Robert Breaker, "...Until he sees his own goodness can't save him, the prayers [he prays] don't amount to a hill of beans!"

In one of Dr. Ruckman's videos he said "You know what I believe salvation is. Complete trust in Jesus Christ". 

As for Clarence Larkin and Martin Luther, I know next to nothing about either of them. Larkin was a dispensationalist and Luther started the reformation, that is all I know about either of them. I have never read their salvation testimonies. 

But as for John Wesley, I have heard that he preached you could lose your salvation. If that is true, then he believed (or at least preached) a false gospel. See this video:


As for Billy Sunday, I don't know anything about him. But I have heard that he preached a false gospel. See this video:

 
John Davis is a terrible liar, but I doubt he'll quit anytime soon.

--"Punk" Eli (Hoss) Caldwell
 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Eli, When I read your article above, on John Davis, I was reminded of Bill Meulenberg's piece on the unteachable and prideful and how he runs down and bad mouths all the men in his church:

    https://billmuehlenberg.com/2016/06/20/a-teachable-spirit/

    Blessings,

    Amrik

    ReplyDelete
  2. greetings from UK, I use to read the TIME FOR TRUTH newsletter and got the wrong impression of you. Now
    that I have got around to researching your blog, I
    realise you are a saved brother and rather likeable.
    Eli you have shown John grace and haven't gone over
    the top exposing him. I commend you for that.
    God Bless. Micky

    ReplyDelete

Your questions or comments welcome.